The inaugural Nocturne took place in 2007 on the London streets around the historic Smithfield Market. The event attracted over 5,000 spectators and was recognised for its innovation, receiving a Visit London Sports Tourism Award.
The London Nocturne is now an established highlight of London’s event calendar and in 2016 the event moved to a new high profile City location and was televised live on Eurosport International.
The event attracts the leading British pro teams as well as World Tour star riders with past appearances from Mark Cavendish, David Millar and Geraint Thomas. Other celebrity guests have included Sir Paul Smith, Geoff Banks, Pierre Koffman, Jody Scheckter and Sir Chris Hoy.
NOCTURNE FESTIVALThe success of the Nocturne has been driven by the unique format:
- Held in the evening with the final after night fall
- Diverse race programme, leading up to the Elite Criterium
- The race circuit has an F1 feel with hospitality, pit area and big screens
- Involvement from local businesses and other attractions creates a festival around the racing
- Feature races appeal to beyond the cycling audience and have included ‘Le Mans’ start Folding Bike Race, Fixed Gear Longest Skid competition, Penny Farthing Racing and Corporate Team Challenge
MR PORTER NOCTURNE - City of London
In 2018, the event welcomes back MR PORTER as the title partner. The MR PORTER Nocturne London will let you experience the city like on no other day as we celebrate cycling on 9 June on the exiting Cheapside circuit. A fully barriered race course, music, big screens, expo, bars and VIP hospitality area will create a spectacular festival around the racing with plenty of entertainment for all the family.